About Rob Suisted, Photographer
Rob Suisted is one of New Zealand's most established & best known photographers: a proven track record and award winner.
You may own one of his 16 books (including a NZ Post National Book award winner!), licked one of his 30+ NZ Post postage stamps, paid a bill with NZ bank notes carrying his photos, or purchased one of the many calendars he produces each year? Or maybe you've noticed the huge photo murals that welcome arrivals at our large international airports, or the photographs used by Tourism New Zealand and travel guides to lure travallers to our shores?
Rob also regularly shoots features for New Zealand Geographic magazine. He mentors a 'Young Guns' up and coming photographer in their mentoring programme, and is a judge for the NZ Geographic magazine 'NZ Photographer of the Year' awards.
He provides images to a national and international range of clients. Works with businesses and government departments to provide photographs that make his clients successful.
Rob regularly travels to the Antarctic and/or Arctic as a expedition lecturer, guide & photographer, and ocassionally guides VIPs and can operate small quality photo tours.
His stock photo image library Nature's Pic Images was the first photographic stock library online in New Zealand and contains over 60,000 high quality images of NZ.
1000's of his photographs are also available as high quality canvas photo art prints at: www.RobSuistedonCanvas.co.nz.
Rob previously worked in conservation management, as the national marine mammal advisor at the Department of Conservation, for over a decade. He has a BSc in zoology and conservation management.
He is available to be commissioned for your next photographic need. Please drop us a line.
- Track record in diverse, & often adverse, operational conditions - aerial, polar, wilderness, marine, underground etc
- Ability to understand the image you wish to portray; and get it.
- Full Adobe RGB 1998 colour space capable monitors & dedicated calibration equipment for precise colour management
- High end professional camera equipment, including medium format dSLRs, aerial drones, underwater equipment etc.
- In house uprated gyro stabiliser equipment for quality aerial & mobile platform photography
- Specialist lens equipment such as the widest available rectilinear lenses & tilt shift architectural equipment
- Full underwater equipment and lighting
- Modern specialist 4x4 vehicle equipped for remote terrain & moving platform work
- Tank-Cam / Robo-Cam for remote deployment work